The Rakes, one of my favorite new bands from last couple of years have a new record coming out 19 March in the UK, and hopefully sometime not too much later here in the US. It’s called Ten New Messages. and is produced Jim Abiss (Arctic Monkey’s, Editors, Kasabian) and Brendan Lynch (Primal Scream). The first single , We Danced Together will see the light of day a week prior. And as things go these days, it’s likely the entire record will see the light of day before 19 March.
Something of a teaser or stop-gap, I don’t know, LA label Dim Mak is putting out a Rakes Remix record on 20 February containing a bunch of remixes from the band’s excellent debut, Capture/Release. The Remixes track listing goes as such:
1. Open Book (Uncle Buck Remix)
2. Binary Love (Loving Hands/Tim Goldsworthy Remix)
3. We Are All Animals (Statik Remix)
4. 22 Grand Job (Filthy Dukes Remix)
5. Work, Work, Work (Weird Science Remix)
While the track listing for Ten New Messages looks like this:
1. The World Was a Mess But His Hair Was Perfect
2. Little Superstitions
3. We Danced Together
5. Suspicious Eyes
6. On a Mission
7. Down With Moonlight
8. When Tom Cruise Cries
9. Time to Stop Talking
10. Leave The City and Come Home
When Tom Cruise Cries!? Wonder what that’s all about?
Update: No mpthree of the new single here, but I saw that the band has put it up on their myspace page.